Allow me if you will to present a retelling of the traditional Christmas story, using detail drawn from a little known historical source – the archives of the Bethlehem Police Department.
One document in particular, the BPD Daily Crime Bulletin, offers a fascinating insight into the work of a hitherto unheralded group of women and men – whilst shining new light on an old tale.
Bethlehem Police Department
Daily Crime Bulletin
(Date obscured – believed to be c.2000 years ago)
Late Turn (2pm-10pm)
- Day 5 of Operation Census
- Substantial numbers of migrants arriving at border during past week
- Low levels of community tension reported; no incidents of note in last 24 hrs
- Large crowds expected in central Bethlehem this evening
- No intelligence re: pre-planned disorder
- Terrorism Threat Level remains at ‘Severe’ (an attack is highly likely)
- 12 PCs on duty
(Handover note: Roads Policing chariot in for repairs –…
View original post 641 more words