Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends
Tell us about the last thing you got excited about — butterflies-in-the-stomach, giggling, can’t-wait excited.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EXCITEMENT.
Oh… Well, this is a bit embarrassing really. I have to be honest and admit that I can’t remember the last time I got excited about anything to the point of butterflies etc.
You see, the thing is, as I’ve got older, I’ve learned to take almost everything with a pinch of salt. It’s the reason I no longer ever make plans – they just don’t work out the way they’re supposed to. I’ve often found, in the past, that getting excited about something to the point where I feel like I’m going to burst often leads to a massive disappointment. And after a lifetime of disappointments, you kind of get used to taking things in your stride and not getting excited about them.
It’s quite sad really, to have to face up to the fact that my life is very dull and boring most of the time. But don’t get me wrong, I get happy about things quite a lot. Like when my son got offered his job. I was very pleased for him. Not excited though. I expect he was and is loving it so that’s great.
I guess I’m getting more cynical as life goes on. Excited is something I’ll leave to the younger generations and just be content to be happy. Not expect too much and never be disappointed.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Nature’s Contrast | Bright Moments Catcher
- The Man Who Was Too Fond of Bugs | Godrick Gnomish
- 2020 Vision for Tokyo; Awarded Olympic Games | DCMontreal
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends | fictitious1
- Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends | Vagabond
- Lick or Even Eat Books | Daily Prompt: The Excitement Never Ends | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Excitement | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends