Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause
If your day to day responsibilities were taken care of and you could throw yourself completely behind a cause, what would it be?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us HELP.
I know this may sound totally selfish, and it probably is, but the one cause I would support right now, over and above anything else, is my own. Life is such a mess at the moment and I could really use a lot of help sorting it out.
But if it had to be an outside cause then it would have to be something to do with cats. I love cats. I’ve had cats almost my whole life apart from the first few years and the last four. And I miss them. I miss being able to come home to a friendly, furry face full of unconditional love (ok, my son is sometimes the stand-in here!) I miss the genuineness of cats. If they don’t like you, they’ll let you know in no uncertain terms. And if they do like you, well, you’ll know that too.
I hate reading news stories of cruelty to animals – any animals, not just cats. Dogs are fiercely loyal creatures (like me) who get kicked down and abused (like me) but they still find it in their hearts to love the person who treats them so badly (yep, you guessed it…)
Humans can be so loving and caring, yet they can also be the cruellest creatures on the planet. To each other, to animals. Any person who can be cruel to a dumb animal – and I use the word dumb only in so much as they can’t speak our language, not that they’re stupid – would be cruel to anything or anyone. So perhaps my cause should be teaching human kindness to humans because they seem to have, largely, forgotten that being kind to others is being kind to themselves too.
But maybe that’s a lost cause…
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- My cause | Renato Vasconcellos David
- Goodbye August, Hello September | Ramisa the Authoress
- Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause | My Amphitheater
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause – Visit to an Old Age Home with Orphanage Kids on Friendship Day
- Enough is Enough | The Dirty Word
- Daily Prompt ~ Help! | Misifusa’s Blog
- Many a Possibility | Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause | Under the Monkey Tree
- Unconventional School | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Blogger with a Cause | Icezine
- We are all in this together: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- What About The Children? | Prayers and Promises
- Blogger With a Cause | Geek Ergo Sum
- Bridge (help) | photo potpourri
- Helping Kids Be Kids [Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause] | unknowinglee
- How To Solve Poverty (Monorhyme Sonnet) | Liars, Hypocrites & The Development of Human Emotion
- A cause? How about education? « RPMAS
- daily prompt – lend a hand | pork juice & paper towels
- “Helping Even One Child” | Spirit Lights The Way
- Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause. Not. | SERENDIPITY
- No Man’s Silver Or Gold (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Help | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- School Board | Conversations
- The Business of Helping Others | Molly Greye
- Daily Prompt: Causes – Fire/EMS | Jottings and Writings
- Play my arm like a violin | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause – SPREAD THE LOVE | littlegirlstory
- Reading for a cause | A mom’s blog