Daily Prompt: Secret of Success
What would it take for you to consider yourself a “successful blogger”? Is that something you strive for?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EFFORT.
If there’s one thing that blogging has taught me, it’s that there are as many different opinions about things as there are subjects to have opinions about. It always pleases me when I read another blog, particularly on the Daily Prompt subjects, that have a very similar view to my own. It shows me that I am unique, but not exclusively.
The success of my own blogs, the other two mainly, have never depended on having readers, followers, likers or commenters. This one, however, is a little different. This, for me, is a whole new way of blogging and, I suppose, the success of this one does wholly depend on those four things. What’s the point of having an opinion on a subject which you want to share if no-one bothers to read, like or comment? If they follow too, well, so much the better.
But this, in itself, brings a big responsibility. Can I continue to write what others will enjoy reading? I don’t know. I am not, like so many others, any kind of graduate in language. I have no qualifications whatsoever in any relevant subject. And I am still experiencing life so I can’t even, really, be an expert on that either. I write from the heart. I write what is on my mind. I will embrace new ideas and subjects and am very thankful that this little corner of my life really makes me think outside my own particular box.
For me, success with the blog is knowing that someone, anyone, out there is reading what I have to say. And I am incredibly happy to have ‘met’ some lovely new people, many of whom are in similar situations – or have been – and to gain from their support and experience is the whole point of blogging for me.
Do I strive for success with the blog? I am probably not the most dedicated blogger; striving for anything is, so often, beyond me and my capabilities – or cares. I try not to care if no-one comments or likes a post, but that doesn’t stop me checking a dozen times a day. So even though I tell myself I don’t care, I probably do.
I will continue to write my blogs, all of them, because they are a kind of therapy for me, and because they are there when I feel like a quick recap of events in my life, things I’ve done or thoughts I’ve had. In that sense, yes, I think I could consider myself successful. Is it something I strive for? I couldn’t say. It happens. That’s about as far as it goes.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Daily Prompt: The Effort behind sucessful blogging | tokʞaali’s blog/site/ɹǝʌǝʇɐɥʍ
- Daily Prompt: Effort | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Success Enough | Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | likereadingontrains
- Diary of a Mud Run | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Effort | The Magic Black Book
- How do you spend your Sundays? | We Live In A Flat
- Success! Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Effortless Blogging? | The Ambitious Drifter
- Comparison Is The Thief Of Joy | ourmulticolouredlife
- The Secret of a Soldier | Beyondpen
- The Lurker’s List | What It Takes to Become a Successful Blogger
- A Successful Blogger? What the what? | Emotional Resonance and Rocket Launchers
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | My Atheist Blog
- It’s good enough for me… | thoughtsofrkh
- There’s No Shortcut To Success! | Creative Mysteries
- Aiming for Zenith! On My Way to Success | Things To Rave About
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Under the Monkey Tree
- “Secret of Success” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success « Vicariously Poetic
- Preparing for Winter | Andante Cantabile
- Do “Likes” And “Follows” Define Success? | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Beats of Pieces
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Post Challenge ~ Effort | soletusknow
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success « Mama Bear Musings
- Am I a Successful Blogger? | My Spirit Journey
- Success! | meanderedwanderings
- Secret of Success-Effort | Flowers and Breezes
- Effort (Daily Prompt) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Making It | One Starving Activist
- Nightmare Inception : Secret of Success | thanks for letting me autograph your cat
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | College Girl Dai
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #2 | Neva Samaki
- 151. My Successful Blog | kevindeisher
- Secret of Success… do I measure it right? | The Rider
- The secret of success is not likes or follows… | Sue’s Trifles
- Follow Your Dreams Or They’ll Beat You Down With A Stick | Upstairs Productions
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Jasper Smits
- Secret of Success: Changes | Khana’s Web
- Key to Success | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | BulgingButtons
- Success 2: Why we blog… | alienorajt
- How To Be A Successful Blogger | Existentialists R Us
- Daily Prompt: If you feel successful, you are. | SERENDIPITY
- Carmela Snelbaker
- There Goes My Sponsorship Deal | Not a Punk Rocker
- What if I felt like a successful blogger? | Okay, what if ?
- Success or not? How in the hell would you define it? | Mad Pot
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | The Blogging Path
- Freshly Unim-Pressed | My OCD Diaries
- Walk Softly and Carry a Big Lens – Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Babsje Heron
- Daily Prompt: Secret of Success | Everyday Adventures