Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made For Walking
Tell us about your favourite pair of shoes, and where they’ve taken you.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us WALK.
I am female! I don’t really have ‘a’ favourite pair of shoes, I have several favourite pairs.
I have a wardrobe choc-full of Dr Martens shoes and boots. Not the mod boots, you understand. The ladylike ones, with heels, and proper style. They were all bought for me because the only pair of shoes I had at the time were getting a bit sloppy and difficult to walk in. But they had taken me for miles and miles. Nowhere special, or in particular, just everywhere. They are still in my wardrobe. They are still wearable but the need is no longer there.
I have a couple of pairs of Skechers trainers, one traditional, the other – a Mary Jane style. These things rock. Literally. I bought them because I wanted something sensible to walk in. My friend likes to take me to Blackpool and we’d had times where we’d walked an estimated six miles. That’s quite a task in 3” heels when you’re as heavy as me, and not used to wearing heels. I love those boots but my ankles paid a heavy price the next day! As did my back. But it was a good time… candy floss on a rain-lashed beach – but that’s a whole other story.
My other favourites are my flip flops and my slippers, more for comfort around the house than anything.
I am going to keep this a little short today as I have migraine lights buzzing in my right eye and I can’t see or think straight, so forgive me if this didn’t make any coherent sense or there are spelling, grammar or punctuation errors.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Nature’s Contrast | Bright Moments Catcher
- Enjoying Nature | Agrifun.com
- Russian accordionist | Bright Moments Catcher
- Picking Flowers | Bright Moments Catcher
- Walking through Stroitel of Belgorod Region, Russia. March 8, 2012 | Bright Moments Catcher
- Welcome to Russia | Agrifun.com
- My first walk | The Magic Black Book
- A Walk in the Clouds | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- My philosophy on shoes | tokkaali’s blog/site/whatever
- Daily Prompt – These boots are made for walking. | Kate Murray
- Things I Think Pre-Coffee : These Boots Are Made For Walking | thanks for letting me autograph your cat
- Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made for Walking | Postum.Scriptum.
- These Boots Were Made For Kicking! | alienorajt
- Fall Walk | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Walking The Essex Coast | The Essex Coast
- Unknown Chuck Taylor Sneakers | Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made for Walking | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Walk « Vicariously Poetic
- Shoes – I have no shame | mostlytrueramblings
- Resting – Zermatt, Switzerland | alternative.reality
- Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made for Walking | littlegirlstory
- What Ever Happened To My Connies? (Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars) | The Jittery Goat
- Walking with Harry | Andante Cantabile
- The Chucks | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Daily Prompt: These Shoes Were Made for Looking Cute | SERENDIPITY
- Footwear | clarior e tenebris
- For the Love of a Perfect Shoe | So Many Blogs, So Little Time
- Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made for Walking | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- These boots… | The Rider
- These Toms Are Made For Walking (Daily Prompt) | College Girl Dai
- The lake by my house | A mom’s blog
- You Little Feet! ~ a poem | Maggie’s Stories
- When Boots Don’t Serve Their Purpose | heathervoid
- These Boots Are Made For Dancing | suzie81’s Blog
- Re-souled | Vampire Maman
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #1 | Neva Samaki
- 150. Rainbows | kevindeisher
- Daily Prompt : These boots were made for walking | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- These Nails Were Made for Wearing | Nailing It
- Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made for Walking | Amelie Lockhart
- Daily Prompts’ These Boots Were Made for Walking | terry1954
- Shoes, shoes and more shoes | Life & Times
- Daily prompt: boots made for walking. On top of the world | dawnyhosking
- Daily prompt; these boots were made for walking | Life the universe and depression
- Daily Prompt: These Boots Were Made for Walking | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- No shoes | Life is great